Save lives. Build your immunity. Get vaccinated.
Ohio is on THE ROAD BACK and our long-term care providers are leading the way. Nursing facility staff are on the front lines and risk being exposed to COVID-19 each day. Early vaccination can protect you from getting sick, but also help protect your family members and those who you care for at work.
Ohio's COVID-19 Vaccine Maintenance Program
As the federal program nears completion, protecting our long-term care residents remains one of the top priorities of our vaccination effort. We have been busy planning, receiving ideas, and discussing opportunities for new first-dose recipients.
On March 13, 2021, Governor DeWine and Director McElroy reminded all nursing homes and assisted living facilities to confirm plans for continued COVID-19 vaccine administration. Read the press release here.
All nursing homes and assisted living facilities need to complete THIS SURVEY and indicate how they will continue to provide vaccines to staff and residents.
Those who have completed the survey and have opted into the Ohio COVID-19 Vaccine Maintenance Program should report into the portal with updated information regularly.
Documentation and Training
- Vaccine Maintenance Program Overview
- COVID-19 Vaccination Provider Enrollment Overview
- Job Aid: Access the Vaccination Provider Program
- Ohio COVID-19 Vaccination Program Enrollment Checklist
Why get vaccinated?
A COVID-19 vaccine is a safe and effective way to prevent you from getting COVID-19 and is an important tool to help stop the pandemic. According to the CDC, getting a COVID-19 vaccine has many benefits, including:
- A vaccine is an added layer of protection, along with masks and social distancing. It will work with your immune system to fight the virus if you are exposed.
- All vaccines currently available in the United States have been shown to be highly effective at preventing COVID-19.
- All vaccines that are still be developed will undergo careful testing and will only be made available if they are shown to make you less likely to get COVID-19.
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine may help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
- Getting vaccinated also protects those around you, including individuals at higher risk for getting very sick from the disease.
To help you encourage your staff and residents to get vaccinated, please use the resources below.
Ohio-specific frequently-asked Questions and answers:
Printable Posters - download and print these posters to let staff and residents know the dates of your next vaccination clinic
Resources from the CDC - Facilities can use or adapt these ready-made materials to build confidence about COVID-19 vaccination among facility staff. Resources include fact sheets, stickers, sample letters to staff, and additional FAQs.
The Ohio Department of Aging hosted a series of roundtable discussions to give long-term care providers the opportunity to discuss COVID-19 vaccines with state and community vaccine experts, ask questions, and provide input to guide decision-makers.