The Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Task Force was established by Amended Senate Bill 24 (133rd General Assembly) to examine the needs of individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias, the services available in this state for those individuals, and the ability of health care providers and facilities to meet the individuals' current and future needs. The task force is required to issue a report of its findings and recommendations.
The task force is chaired by Ohio Department of Aging Director Ursel J. McElroy, and the director of the Department of Health, or their designee, serves as vice chair. In addition, the Department of Aging provides administrative support for the task force. All members are as diverse as they are knowledgeable on the topic of dementia and cognitive decline.
Task Force Meetings
Full Task Force Meeting Schedule
Click the date/time to view the live/recorded meeting.
- Monday, Jan. 11, 2021 - 10 a.m. | January Meeting Minutes
- Monday, Feb. 22, 2021 - 10 a.m. | February Meeting Minutes
- Monday, March 29, 2021 - 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 26, 2021 - 10 a.m.
- Monday, May 24, 2021 - 10 a.m.
- Monday, June 28, 2021 - 10 a.m.
- Monday, July 26, 2021 - 10 a.m.
Committee Meeting Schedule
Task Force Members
- Trey Addison
- Doug Beach
- Jennifer Blough
- Salli Bollin
- Lisa Brockman
- Kathryn Brod
- Bonnie Burman
- Jennifer Drost
- Tina Hochwalt
- Rhonda Johnson
- Diane Pekunka
- Varun Mahajan
- Pam Reese
- Joe Russell
- Melissa Schiffel
- Leanne Smith
- Lori Stevic-Rust
- Jean Thompson
- Pete Van Runkle
- Senator Steve Wilson (Majority Caucus)
- Senate Minority Leader Kenny Yuko (Minority Caucus)
Ohio House of Representatives
- Representative Rodney Creech (Majority Caucus)
- Representative Stephanie Howse (Minority Caucus)
Governor’s Administration Members
- Director of the Department of Aging or their designee (shall serve as chair)
- Director of the Department of Health or their designee (shall serve as vice chair)
- The State Long-Term Care Ombudsman or their designee
- Director of the Department of Medicaid or their designee
- Director of the Department of Veterans Services or their designee