The Ohio Advisory Council for Aging guides the director of the Ohio Department of Aging on issues and opportunities affecting older Ohioans. Members represent the interests of older adults, their caregivers, and organizations that serve them.
They serve as ambassadors for the department at local events and with community groups. They gather information and ideas from their neighbors and share them with the director of the department. Members also recommend administrative and legislative actions, review agency plans, and more.
The Ohio Advisory Council for Aging consists of 12 governor-appointed members. Four members of the state legislature also serve on the council. Further, the council includes the directors (or their designees) of the state departments of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Developmental Disabilities, Health, and Job and Family Services.
The Ohio Advisory Council for Aging is designated in ORC 173.03.
- John A. Begala, Granville
- Louis M. Borowicz, Worthington
- Semanthie B. Brooks, Macedonia
- John Corlett, Cleveland
- Misty Crosby, Belpre
- Stephanie Garrett, West Alexandria
- Diane Cunningham, Redden Cincinnati
- Marian K. Schuda, M.D., Worthington
- Denise A. Shockley, Gallipolis
- Manish Srivastava, M.D., Cincinnati
- Phil Walton, Perrysburg
- Lori Wengerd, Upper Arlington
From the General Assembly (2020 Representatives)
- Senator Steve Wilson
- Senator Hearcel Craig
- Representative Timothy Ginter
- Representative Thomas West