Age 60 and older
If you have a current Ohio Driver License or State ID card, you should automatically receive your Golden Buckeye card. Look for it during the month before your 60th birthday.
If don’t receive your card automatically, please call 1-866-301-6446 and select the option for a replacement card. Staff will check if you are in the database. If you are, you can request a card be sent to you. If you are not in the database you will need apply for a Golden Buckeye card at a sign-up site. These include most public libraries and senior centers. Call ahead before you go to make sure they are open and have applications on-hand.
People under age 60 who are eligible due to disability must apply for a Golden Buckeye card at a sign-up site. These include most public libraries and senior centers. Call ahead before you go to make sure they are open and have applications on-hand.
To prove your eligibility, in addition to your Ohio Driver License or State ID card, please bring one of the following documents:
- A Medicare (not Medicaid) card in your name;
- SSI or SSDI acceptance documentation; or
- A copy of a document certifying permanent and total disability issued by any state department, Ohio public employee retirement system (STRS, PERS, etc), or any federal retirement system.
We are unable to accept any other form of proof of disability, such as a letter from your doctor.
You can call 1-866-301-6446 to request a replacement Golden Buckeye card if:
- Your Golden Buckeye card has been lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your name has changed or the name on your card is wrong