Older Ohioans give more than 1.5 million hours of their time each year helping people of all ages. The Department of Aging partners with other state entities to provide unique opportunities for older Ohioans to volunteer.
- Volunteer Ombudsman Associate Program - Be an advocate for consumers of long-term care services and supports.
- Volunteer Health and Wellness Leader - Help others live happier, healthier lives by avoiding injury and effectively managing chronic conditions.
- Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program - Help others make informed decisions regarding Medicare coverage (Ohio Department of Insurance).
- Nutrition Services Providers - Organizations that provide a variety of types of meals and other resources for older adults in their homes rely on volunteers and donations to meet needs in their communities.
- ServeOhio - Help strengthen Ohio's communities.
- Americorps Seniors - Take advantage of three unique opportunities, including RSVP, Foster Grandparents, and Senior Companions.
- Crisis Text Line - Bring comfort to people in crisis through friendly reassurance over text messaging.
- Citizen Archivists - Help unlock history by tagging, transcribing and adding comments to records in the U.S. National Archives Catalog.
Your local senior center or community action agency may welcome volunteers for a variety of programs. Contact your area agency on aging for more information about what is available where you live.