Web Content Viewer

Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program

Image shows two older women in jackets browsing a selection of colorful late summer produce like peppers, onions, cucumbers, and more.

The Department of Aging partners with area agencies on aging to offer the Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program in 81 counties. Participants receive benefits to be redeemed for Ohio-grown fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs, and honey. Some restrictions apply.

You are eligible for the Ohio Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program if:

  • You are age 60 or older,
  • You live in one of the 81 counties that participate in the program, and
  • You have a household income that falls within certain guidelines.

Your local program contact at your area agency on aging can help you determine your eligibility. Call 1-866-243-5678 to be connected to the agency serving your community.

The Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program is made possible by funding from the United States Department of Agriculture, state and local funding.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted of funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; Fax: (202)690-7442; or email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.